Tips for choosing the best moving company in Brooklyn
Most of us find moving extremely stressful, time-consuming, and expensive. Companies that offer moving and storage Brooklyn are supposed to make the process smoother, easier, and less stressful. But when we make the wrong choices, things can go south very quickly. This can be a real nightmare when done wrong; especially if we make bad decisions in the hope of saving money or get the wrong advice. Here are five things to consider when choosing the best moving company in Brooklyn for your next move.
Five tips for choosing the best moving company in Brooklyn
Carefully research moving companies
Quite often we hear that we should seek advice from trusted friends or family members when we are looking for the best moving services Brooklyn. Unfortunately, this decision can be as bad as closing your eyes and choosing a number from your local phone book. This is because we tend to trust rather than check when it comes to this kind of recommendation. If you follow the recommendation, do your best in terms of research anyway.
Get estimates for all bids in writing
Suppose you contacted four moving companies in the area, and each of them promised to send you an approximate figure by phone or email. Make sure that all final proposals are submitted in writing with a full assessment and are filled with all the parameters based on your conversation. To make an accurate estimate, a moving company must have all the necessary information about your move. After you get all the estimates, you should compare moving quotes in order to choose the best one.
Make sure that the moving company has a license
There is nothing wrong with having your cousin and brother-in-law bring their truck to help you move across the street or down the road. Of course, you are responsible for the health and well-being of your family and friends who help you with this. When it comes to hiring a moving company, make sure they are licensed and bonded, and fully insured. If you are taking fine art transport services, you want to make sure that your belongings are safe.
The best moving company in Brooklyn must have appropriate credentials
Long-distance moving projects should bury even more attention when it comes to choosing the right company to work with. Interstate moving companies must be licensed by the Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Administration. You can access their license information online. Ask the seller for full documentation of company credentials.
Contact the Better Business Bureau to view the company service history
No matter how encouraging the seller might be when it comes to bidding, take the time to look at the company’s customer service history. Go to the BBB website and look for customer complaints. Look for quotes as well as customer ratings. Does the company have a flawless reputation when it comes to resolving customer complaints?
Take the time to understand your consumer rights when it comes to choosing the best moving company in Brooklyn. Moving is stressful enough without complicating matters, choosing the wrong moving company to work with. Fortunately, it is not so difficult to evaluate companies and make the right decisions based on your individual needs, if you know what to look for.
Ask these questions before you hire the best moving company
Every piece of information is vital when it comes to choosing a moving company. To do this right, you should prepare a list of questions to ask your potential movers, so that you don`t forget anything crucial. Here is a list of questions that you should ask your movers before hiring them.
- How long have they been in business? – If the company has just started with this business, we recommend that you continue your search. Ideally, you would hire a moving company that has at least five years of experience.
- Can they provide references? – Ask for references from the moving company written by people who had a similar relocation as you plan to have. This would give you an insight into their experience, and you will be one step closer to making a decision to hire.
- What insurance policies do they offer? – There are several types of liability coverage, such as full replacement liability, declared value protection, and basic carrier liability. If the company offers only one type of insurance, it is better to search for a different company, as they may be scammers.
Also, make sure to ask these questions as well:
- Do they have extra fees? – Movers will charge you for the long carry fees if there is no parking outside the building, or the stairs fee if the building does not have an elevator. It is important that you know in which situations you would need to pay for the extra fees and how much would that be.
- Do they charge a deposit? – Most moving companies will require a deposit, however, the amount should not be too high. If they require a large deposit, chances are they are rogue movers, and you should avoid them.
Hiring the best Brooklyn movers may require some research, however, it is worth every effort. You will have a stress-free relocation knowing that your life-long belongings are safe.