Moving from LA to Brooklyn
Changing your address from West to East Coast will bring you new opportunities. If you have decided to make a big move, then congratulations! Moving from LA to Brooklyn means a great new beginning, but can also be challenging. One has to think about a lot of things and organize even more. So, if you are thinking about relocation, you need to hire long distance movers Brooklyn. You need someone who is experienced and who will assist you in the best possible way. If you move to NYC, prepare for a lot of change in your life. Besides the different weather conditions and accents, there’s much more into it when it comes to interstate moving. The vibe and the speed of the City That Never Sleeps will change your perspective.
Things work differently on the East Coast, from traffic to pizza. Yup, the price for a pizza is $1 and you absolutely shouldn’t pay more. And it will be the most delicious $1 spent. Lifestyle is quite different than the one in the City of Angels. Everyone is running somewhere and people eat a lot of carbs. This is something that will change your lifestyle also. You will eat a lot more carbs. Just accept it, don’t fight it. So, before moving from LA to Brooklyn, just be prepared for a change.
Check out the closest boroughs in NYC and their reputation. Those are:
- Manhattan – This borough has the highest rent price. It is an ever-busy most densely populated area. Manhattan is considered a cultural, media, financial and entertainment capital of the world. Most famous landmarks are here such as Times Square and Central Park.
- The Bronx – This borough is more affordable than Brooklyn and Manhattan. The Bronx is known as a birthplace of hip hop. The good thing is that everything is within a walking distance. The bad thing is that it is quite noisy at all times and has a notorious reputation for toughness.
- Queens – It is a very diverse borough with a reputation quite opposite to that of Brooklyn and Bronx. It has many venues that are waiting to be discovered. It is home to two major airports−JFK and LaGuardia airports.
- The Staten Island – This is the wealthiest of five boroughs, beating out Manhattan narrowly. Even though it is large, it is the least populated borough of New York with less than half a million residents. Some of the city’s oldest buildings are found here.
Each of them is different in their own way, so choose well what will be your home. Do some research and prepare. There are innumerous neighborhoods that offer different benefits and different vibes. Some of them are more family-friendly neighborhoods, while others are in the middle of all happenings. Let’s take a look at the borough you are about to call your new home.
Moving from LA to Brooklyn
This borough offers plenty of bars and great Brooklyn restaurants. It is homier and with fewer tourists than Manhattan. Iconic movie scenes with a view of Manhattan Bridge are shot from one of its neighborhoods Dumbo. It has bridge and tunnel connections to Manhattan. You can choose from more than 30 neighborhoods, such as Park Slope, Bay Ridge, Clinton Hill, Dumbo, Bushwick, etc.
Before the relocation day
Once the research on the location is done, start planning how you are going to relocate and consider major differences between LA and Brooklyn.
DIY or hire movers for your moving from LA to Brooklyn
Maybe you would like to do the moving yourself and save some money, or you prefer to hire someone experienced? If you are planning a residential move from one end of the country to the other, do not risk damaging the items. Rather hire professionals who did it numerous times. Planning everything is exhausting and you have to think about so many things. Do you need to take a new business license? Make moving from LA to Brooklyn as easily as possible. Prioritize and start on time. Once you do the things as planned, you will have more time to focus on some other tasks needing attention. Once you know where and when to relocate, start thinking about how to conduct a specific relocation.
Make sure to bring all the warm clothing that you have. Brooklyn has a change of seasons, and winter can be quite harsh. Wait for buying a winter jacket, because the Californian jacket will not do the trick when NYC winter hits. The great thing about snowy days in NYC is that you can enjoy its winter charms and sports like ice skating or ice hockey.
The last thing we would like to draw your attention to when moving from LA to Brooklyn is your social life. The New York hectic life will take its toll on you and you will feel it. Yet, adapting to the New York vibe will come very soon because there are many benefits to it. Whenever some of your friends want to see you, try to always make some arrangements on your agenda for that coffee time. With time you will realize that you will have to skip a lot of these gatherings but you have to set the limit. You cannot just work, luckily in New York, you can have Thursday brunches, so use well the time that you have.
Now when you know the details of your specific relocation, you can relax. You have checked with the manager of the moving company all that you need to know, all the questions are being marked. You are on the same page when it comes to relocation. Focus on the cultural universe you are going to enter.
What else you need to know before you move from LA to Brooklyn?
- Well, a bunch of stuff. Now you will understand why the New York bagel is so special (besides the pizza). You’re going to love it so much that you will start discussing with your friends what makes a New York bagel.
- As well, you will understand that New Yorkers are not rude it just goes along with their fast life.
- You will start appreciating how affordable your laundry service was back in LA. Here it’s really expensive.
- Forget about the personal space in public transport and the proximity of your workplace/friend’s place will be everything. Most likely, you will have to choose between these two. And don’t worry because you will for sure relocate a couple of times.
- Also, you will get addicted to delivery apps which you will use as frequently as possible. And that’s where most of your money will go.
- Moving from LA to Brooklyn means that you will have to adjust to the climate of NYC. It will get windy and snowy and you will always be cold.
- You are going to walk a lot and you will be able to find any type of food at 3 am. But it will bring a set of opportunities and endless options to explore.
Find a moving company when moving from LA to Brooklyn
So, you have general moving tips, now how to conduct a specific moving such as antique moving? If you are an artist and you want to move all your artwork with you to Brooklyn, you shouldn’t do it all by yourself. Are you sure that you want to risk damaging your most valuable items? That is why antique movers NYC are here. We understand what it means to relocate all your artistry with you. Your whole life is exposed. We know the stress that you have when it comes to art shipping NYC and we want to help. So, it doesn’t matter which type of relocation you want to conduct, residential, antique or local one, we’re here for you. We will get the job done smoothly and we will include you in the whole process. Just tell us what you want to do and we will get it for you.
While you are searching for a reliable moving company based in Brooklyn, check out Dorothy & Martha Moving NYC. We have the experience to make your long-distance move smooth and convenient. Contact us anytime to get a free moving quote for your relocation.