Hiring cheap movers in Brooklyn – yes or no?
We all want to relocate for as cheaper as we can. This is usually a good thing as movers offer a wide price range for a wide range of services. Unfortunately, choosing cheap movers is not always the best option for an affordable move. There are a lot of drawbacks and potential problems that come with hiring cheap movers. But, there are also good moving companies that are also affordable. So, in order to help you with your relocation, we’ll inform you about cheap moving companies and possible problems that can occur with them. After reading this article you’ll have to know whether hiring cheap movers in Brooklyn is a good idea or not.
Do cheap moving companies in Brooklyn exist?
Most people believe there is no such thing as a reliable and cheap moving company in Brooklyn, NYC. But they are wrong! Even though it sounds impossible to you, one moving company doesn’t have to charge for their services a lot. These companies can provide you with a quality move and can also save you some money. However, this doesn’t mean that every cheap moving company is good. Unfortunately, if you don’t pay attention when hiring long distance or local moving companies in Brooklyn, you could become the victim of a moving scam. This brings us to the conclusion that cheap moving companies do exist, but not all of them are reliable. Because of this, knowing how to recognize the right mover is a must!
Tips on hiring cheap movers in Brooklyn
Hiring cheap moving companies needs to be done the right way. This is because there are many moving companies which can ruin your relocation in numerous ways. Keep in mind that cheap isn’t always good. So, in order to avoid any possible moving scams or disasters, you should know how to make sure you are dealing with the pros. Here are the most important tips for finding a good and cheap moving company for your upcoming relocation.
- Ask for recommendations – one of the best ways for finding a good moving company is to simply ask the people in your surroundings. Ask your family, neighbors, friends… ask anyone who has moved recently to give you a recommendation for a moving company. Don’t forget to ask if there were any unpleasant situations with movers during the relocation.
- Look at the reviews and ratings – whether you managed to get a recommendation or not, you should always read reviews online. This way you can get a lot of precious pieces of information, just by reading other people’s comments. But don’t rely simply on someone’s rating or reviews.
- Check their info – this is one of the most important things to do when hiring cheap movers in Brooklyn. This way you’ll know that your mover is trustworthy and you’ll stay away from moving scams. Check if their phone and address are legit. Most moving scams can be avoided just by checking the moving company’s info.
- Watch out for additional fees – if you want to have a successful unpacking, you’ll hire movers to do it for you. However, don’t forget that these additional services aren’t free. Ask about their price so that you know whether you can afford them.
How to recognize a moving scam?
One of the most popular reasons for not hiring a cheap moving company is the possibility of becoming the victim of a moving scam. Frauds exist, but that doesn’t mean that every cheap moving company is bad. Quite the opposite – a lot of them can make your relocation successful. And one more thing – even if one company is more expensive than the rest, it can still ruin your relocation. So, in order to avoid frauds among moving companies, all of us should know how to recognize possible moving scams.
Most obvious red flags when hiring a moving company
If you notice something strange about one moving company, don’t hire it! This will keep you safe from moving frauds. However, if you’re a first-time mover, you probably don’t know what to pay attention to. And remember, you shouldn’t just pay attention when hiring long distance movers, but when hiring local movers, too. So, if you’re interested in hiring cheap movers in Brooklyn, learn about the most popular red flags for moving scams.
- Making a deal over the phone – relocation is a serious thing. This means that the right mover won’t ask you to make the deal over the phone.
- Not wanting to give a license number – every moving company needs to be licensed. You can check USDOT number online and see whether they really have a license. If a mover doesn’t want to give their license number, it’s probably because they don’t have it.
- Having to pay in advance – this is probably the most popular moving scam. Don’t hire a moving company that requires paying for relocation in advance.
- Offering a blank contract – don’t sign blank contracts that your movers will fill out after signing.
Have a cheap move without hiring cheap moving companies
If you don’t want to deal with cheap moving companies, you can still save some money on your relocation. There are many ways you can do it! For example, you can hire reliable Brooklyn movers, but don’t ask for additional moving services like packing or unpacking. This will probably make your relocation a little harder because you’ll have to do some heavy lifting on your own. Another great way for spending less on relocation is to move less stuff. You can do this by getting rid of stuff you don’t use anymore. And you know what’s also great about this? You can sell some of your items online or on a garage sale and earn money.
As you can see, hiring cheap movers in Brooklyn doesn’t always have to be a bad thing. There are many reliable and affordable moving companies in NYC. All you have to do is find them.