Moving doesn`t need to be so stressful as long as you prepare and organize properly. It is inevitable that you`ll have to take enough time to prepare for the whole move. We recommend thinking about preparation at least a couple of weeks in advance. The whole issue can get even more complicated if you have children. You`ll have to decide whether you want to perform the whole move by yourself or hire professional movers. This usually depends on your budget. So, it is understandable why you need to take enough time to conduct a budget. Remember, this is crucial as the last thing you want to experience is realizing in the middle of the move that you don`t have enough money to finish the process in the best possible manner. Things are pretty much the same when you need to move your gardening equipment.
Make sure to find help, especially when dealing with big and bulky items like furniture. Usually, when talking about moving, people refer to moving their household items, rarely about gardening equipment and similar objects. So, it`s natural that not many people are informed on how to move your gardening equipment. If that`s the case, check out the following text below.
Before we start talking about the direct steps, you should know the basics of moving your gardening equipment. This will help you perform the move in the best possible manner. The most important basic things you should know about include:
- Think about decluttering, especially when talking about things that aren`t in the best shape or are damaged. Make sure to declutter if purchasing a new item is cheaper than fixing the old one. Decluttering is important because it is a perfect way to cut expenses. You`ll already have to help a hefty amount of money on the move. The last thing you need is to spend money on a thing that can easily be replaced.
- The same goes for items you rarely use. There is no need to transport something you don`t use often or at all.
- If you have multiple same items, we recommend leaving some of them behind. Particularly if you are hiring movers that charge an hourly rate. The more things you need to transport, the bigger the expense.
There are many benefits of decluttering a home before the move, and the same goes for a garden and gardening equipment. When it comes to decluttering, there are a couple of ways to do it. They include throwing anything you don`t need away, donating to charities and unprofitable organizations, or even throwing a garage sale to make some money. Remember that decluttering can save you a lot of money, especially if you have a lot of gardening equipment.
Now that you`ve decluttered and decided to proceed with the moving process, it`s time to talk about the moving equipment you`ll need to perform the move. Since gardening equipment has odd dimensions and is usually large in size, it is a good idea to gather some moving equipment that will help you carry the items. Ask movers you trust what the ultimate packing supplies list should contain and let them get you some quality packing supplies, like moving boxes Brooklyn for oddly shaped items, packing tape, various protectors, wrappers, etc. Anyways, you’ll need various packing and moving supplies, including:
- You can carry smaller tools by using an apron or an organizer belt. This will leave your hands free, while secateurs can be carried in some kind of holster.
- A rubber bucket that should be flexible with two handles can be used to carry debris, tools, or cuttings. The main reason why a rubber bucket is a must is that it is very easy to carry. It can fit a vast amount of items without anything getting damaged in the process.
- A garden cart (typically with an aluminum frame) will allow you to carry hand tools and long tools with smaller items in a tray. A twin-wheeled metal barrow with a handle can be very helpful if you have problems with strength, bending, or using one hand.
- A sack trolley/folding hand truck or a moving dolly for moving very heavy objects if you have any with minimum possible strain.
It`s a Must
Let`s take a look at all the equipment that is considered a must when it comes to moving gardening equipment:
- A garden gripper is useful for picking up any small pieces of debris left in the garden and usually has wide jaws and a litter picker.
- As we mentioned earlier, a rubber bucket is also considered a must. It’s because of its soft texture and versatility in use.
- Make sure to get your hands on a tub mover, a specifically designed light trolley used to transport plastic tubs. Two wheels will give you good stability. And the bar-style handle can be used with one hand in case you already have your hands full.
- When it comes to sacking wheels and a truck, both of these products can be used to save you from bending.
Moving your gardening equipment isn`t an easy task, especially if you are a first-time mover, meaning that in some cases, it might be a good idea to ask professional Brooklyn movers for help and when we say professionals, we mean highly trained, reliable, and educated movers. Keep in mind that there are numerous shady companies out there posing as legit firms which might mishandle your belongings or even damage them in the process. That`s why it is important to find a reliable moving company that has enough experience in dealing with gardening equipment.
Here, at Dorothy and Martha Moving, you’ll find all the professional help you need for moving your gardening equipment. Starting from free moving quotes Brooklyn, to advisory services, to the actual moving of your garden equipment to your new address. In any case, best of luck with the move and make sure to follow our advice mentioned above to ensure that the move goes in the best possible manner.